Has anyone pieced together their own lift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrownSunshine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking at 3.5-4” of lift. Most kits don’t have exactly what I want so I was wondering about putting my own kit together. So far this is what I had in mind.

Bilstein Adj Height fronts (either 5100 or 6112)
Rough Country 2” leveling kit
Freedom Off Road Control Arms
Some type of differential drop kit
Bilstein 5100 rear with shock extender
Suspension Max 2” rear Coil spacer
Rear sway bar extensions

I want to replace the shocks anyways because the factory ones ride like crap. I hate how bouncy the Tahoe rides.

My wife doesn’t know for sure how high she wants it lifted. We have decided on 20x9’s with a 0 offset and 305/55r20 Ridge Grapplers. I figured with the adjustable fronts I could start at 3” and go up to 3.5-4” depending on how high she wants it.

Anyone done anything similar like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just get the BDS 4” Fox coilover setup? Im not familiar with their coilover setup, but maybe it is possible you can lower it down so it isnt quite 4”.

With that much lift you will need some type of diff drop... Im not sure you can just purchase that separately.

SlimJim

Reaction score
I’m looking at 3.5-4” of lift. Most kits don’t have exactly what I want so I was wondering about putting my own kit together. So far this is what I had in mind.

Bilstein Adj Height fronts (either 5100 or 6112)
Rough Country 2” leveling kit
Freedom Off Road Control Arms
Some type of differential drop kit
Bilstein 5100 rear with shock extender
Suspension Max 2” rear Coil spacer
Rear sway bar extensions

I want to replace the shocks anyways because the factory ones ride like crap. I hate how bouncy the Tahoe rides.

My wife doesn’t know for sure how high she wants it lifted. We have decided on 20x9’s with a 0 offset and 305/55r20 Ridge Grapplers. I figured with the adjustable fronts I could start at 3” and go up to 3.5-4” depending on how high she wants it.

Anyone done anything similar like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you ever figure this out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1