Harness confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mykal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which Harness do i need to use to retain the rear seat dvd player and audio if I remove the OEM radio/NAV?

Ive read a few threads and I see multiple references so Im not sure which to use.

My vehicle is a '05 Yukon Denali XL with Nav/RSE/Bose

Axxess gmos-04
oe
metra gmos-04
or
metra gmos-100
or
Are both of these wrong?

Thanks for the help. :)

OP
OP
M

Mykal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jhacker5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which Harness do i need to use to retain the rear seat dvd player and audio if I remove the OEM radio/NAV?

Ive read a few threads and I see multiple references so Im not sure which to use.

My vehicle is a '05 Yukon Denali XL with Nav/RSE/Bose

Axxess gmos-04
oe
metra gmos-04
or
metra gmos-100
or
Are both of these wrong?

Thanks for the help. :)

Axxcess and Metra are owned by the same company so the first two items you listed are the same.

I have an 06 Tahoe with Bose, OnStar, and RSE (no Nav) ... I tried the GMOS-100 and it was a disaster. It was glitch infected and even Crutchfield admitted that they have had a lot of customers lately not being able to successfully use the GMOS-100 in GM vehicles.

I ended up going with the GMOS-04 and added the Axxcess ASWC to retain steering wheel controls (the ASWC plugs into the GMOS-04 ... super easy).

I don't believe the GMOS-04 will allow you to hear whatever audio is being played on the DVD over the loud speakers. I believe the 3.5mm headphone jacks and wireless headphones will still feed whatever is in the DVD player. I haven't tried using either the headphone jacks or headphones to see if I can hear the radio and/or CD (from the head unit).

Good luck! GM and aftermarket radios are a headache...but the GMOS-04 is a tried and true harness. Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

JGARZA2213

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wireless headphones will work and that is all. The headphone jack in the rear will not work without the factory radio installed. The gmos-100 will only retain RSE on NNBS.

Sorry it's not what ya wanna hear, and I know it sucks, I'm in the same boat as you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv

Latest posts