Had front two headrest embroidered looks great

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
so i went to a company that could do headrest bout a month ago they said they would charge me $250.00 for driver n pass side to be embrodered. which included take old material off n throw it away then get new material have it embrodered then re-upholster the new back on. well i didnt want to spend that much so i figured if old is going to be thrown away anyway i might as well try to take it off n save some labor. long story short i was able to remove the material take it to the embrodering place at the mall they did a great job and i put them back on myself and it looks great. all for only $24.00

Attachments

• IMG_0221[1].jpg
    IMG_0221[1].jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0220[1].jpg
    IMG_0220[1].jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 114

kickitandholdit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell yea! i have been wanting to get tahoe on mine ever since i have had it. more details on removal and installation please!

OP
OP
jdub5256

jdub5256

J-DUB
Reaction score
first thing is the warmer outside it is the better. that way the matierial wont be cold and tight.

to remove sit in seat and turn around take 4 fingers underneth head rest and pull towards you. that should release the seal that hold it together.

then get into back seat and from the bottom of headrest start working the corners off.

once you got the bottom two corners off get back up in the front seat and turn around. take both hands one on each corner of the top of the headrest and pull towards you but not up towards the roof but kinda down towards your stomach area. At this point you should start to get it and every inch that you work it will become easier because your not fighting as much of the padding underneth.

Now to put it back on can be more difficult there is not much i can tell you on that but be careful work it slowly inch by inch but what i found that really helped was dont start by slipping it over the top and trying to pull down it just doesnt work at least not for me. what i did was in the front seat turn around and start from the bottom get the front two bottom corners on first then stretch it over the top push down ******* the padding and get fingers onder cover and pull hard.

putting them back on would kinda be like if you were to take a shower cap and hook it under your chin then pull it up n over your head then down to the bottom of your hair line on your neck. kinda a wierd comparison but it might make you understand a little easier.

hope this helps
also the rings you see around the words on the headrest are from the hoops at the embrodering place and will disapear in a day or so.

teginder81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my "Intimidator" headrests done. I am sworn to secrecy because of the trademark thing.

It cost me $100 to have them done and an additional $60 to have them digitize the pattern.

They do A LOT of custom embroidery done futurapromo and there's roughly a 3 week waiting list. So I left my Monte parked until they got done. Who am I kidding? It's still parked because it snowed like a banshee 2 days before they were done and my Monte will NEVER see snow, salt, gravel, etc.

If you have a design, depending on the design it will cost from $60 to have it digitized and then the cost of the embroidery. They actually had to rip the seams out and then resew them after the embroidery was done. Did a GREAT job.

If you are interested, let me know at... [email protected] Email your pattern to me so I can get an estimate for the digitization and embroidery.

Attachments

• car 1.jpg
    car 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 49

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts