Gun Safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have seen a thread about this before, but I haven’t been able to find it. I just purchased my first handgun a SIG P365 and am also getting my CC permit. What I’m looking for is the best place to store it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have seen a thread about this before, but I haven’t been able to find it. I just purchased my first handgun a SIG P365 and am also getting my CC permit. What I’m looking for is the best place to store it.

Nice piece!

There are tons of options- pre-fabbed and custom, depending on how you wanna store it. You want it mounted for quick and easy access? Or, judging by the title, you wanna lock it up somewhere. I believe it was @Jolly Roger that made a bad ass hidden, spring-loaded handgun drawer in his console.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Best place to store it is on your person, but when your naked or don't want it on find a little quick-access safe like this. Depends if you have kids in the house or untrustworthy people in and out you may want something more secure.

The P365 is awesome BTW! I've been carrying one for a few months and it's everything I could want in a daily carry.

1064189?$456$.jpg

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that, but I couldn't find it again.

Nice piece!

There are tons of options- pre-fabbed and custom, depending on how you wanna store it. You want it mounted for quick and easy access? Or, judging by the title, you wanna lock it up somewhere. I believe it was @Jolly Roger that made a bad ass hidden, spring-loaded handgun drawer in his console.

OP
OP
Danny3737

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice safe, but I was looking for in the truck. I really like the gun. My wife purchased a S&W M&P 380 with the built in laser.

Best place to store it is on your person, but when your naked or don't want it on find a little quick-access safe like this. Depends if you have kids in the house or untrustworthy people in and out you may want something more secure.

The P365 is awesome BTW! I've been carrying one for a few months and it's everything I could want in a daily carry.

1064189?$456$.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice safe, but I was looking for in the truck. I really like the gun. My wife purchased a S&W M&P 380 with the built in laser.

She bought the Bodyguard- nice! Does she have much ammo for it? In my small ones, I have the M&P Shield 9 and Ruger LCP (.380).

I agree with Dan- on your person is best. In the car, easy access makes the most sense. I like an ankle holster or something like the Quickdraw mount.

For a safe, I'd either mount a small/low-profile one inside the console (like Console Vault) or under the seat, like this:

handgun-in-safe-under-drivers-seat-in-jeep.png

Or, mount a holster to a panel somewhere.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The best place for your sidearm is by your side, on your person, chambered and ready to spit fire and lead! If you get separated from your truck, it is worthless. But if you need to leave it in the truck while you go into a shooting gallery, then by all means keep it well hidden/secured.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you leave it in the truck out of sight is the most important IMO and of course keyless entry so you don't forget to lock the doors. I keep a full-size between the seat but I have 5% or darker tint and even with a flashlight its almost impossible to see in my windows. Otherwise, I'd keep them under the seat or console like @iamdub suggested.

Also IDK how many other people keep a log of all their guns with serial numbers and pictures, but I think it would be worth it if one was stolen. That way you can at least give the cops the serial number, clear your name off it and prove to your insurance how much the value was to be reimbursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518