Grille Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14kvision

Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to find an all black trim for my grille.

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find one without having to paint the one currently on my vehicle.

To clarify, I'm looking to replace the stock chrome trim around my grille with an all black trim so there is no chrome on the grille.

I have a 2011 Tahoe LS. Thanks!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think anybody sells those. I painted mine myself, here's the process I used.

• Sand with 180
  • Primed with etching primer
  • Black automotive black base
  • Cleared with 2K clear coat ( has hardener built in like body shops spray )
  • Wet sanded with 1000 and 2000
  • Buffed out with compound/waxed

All this was done with rattle cans and lasted and look professional. Hope this help.

picture.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

14kvision

Reaction score
Yea, I know I can do that... I'm trying to avoid chipping and problems in the future.

I appreciate your response... I just can't believe nobody has these in black!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I know I can do that... I'm trying to avoid chipping and problems in the future.

I appreciate your response... I just can't believe nobody has these in black!

If the prep work is done right you won't have to worry about chipping. But your right I'm really suprised nobody has offered these in black.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed mine using the same method as DW, but instead of using a base color and clear I wanted a satin/matte finish and went with Plasti-Dip which is a rubberized coating and has withstood a New England winter with not a chip/scratch/flake..I've been real happy with it so far.

grill3.jpg
[/IMG]
grill4.jpg
[/IMG]

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed mine using the same method as DW, but instead of using a base color and clear I wanted a satin/matte finish and went with Plasti-Dip which is a rubberized coating and has withstood a New England winter with not a chip/scratch/flake..I've been real happy with it so far.

grill3.jpg
[/IMG]
grill4.jpg
[/IMG]

Look's good ? were did you get the Plasti-Dip from???

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some from menards so I think pretty much an home improvement stores have it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16