Grille Badge Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cwestfall4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the small Z71 badge emblem is installed on the front grille of a 21-22 Tahoe? Does it use screws or is it just adhesive? I haven’t found anything online of anyone replacing this badge yet. And it appears I can’t get behind the grille to verify if it uses screws without taking everything apart.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go. I was also interested because I want to swap this out with a blacked out Z71. I’ve ordered multiple badges off Amazon and no luck.

Last weekend I started pulling on the grille to get it off and didn’t get anywhere after about an hour. Be careful when taking the Z71 badge off. You can use a flat head screwdriver or better off using a clip remover tool. Just use a lot of light pressure. I worked from right to left. I think one of the little pins broke but it goes back on and stays. After I paint it I might but a little glue if required.

(Can prob move this thread to the "Exterior" sub forum...)

2E98BB3D-58DC-42B0-A0A0-7F2F2ADAAAC2.jpeg

114A5194-97C8-406A-9C40-65718C740EF0.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cwestfall4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here you go. I was also interested because I want to swap this out with a blacked out Z71. I’ve ordered multiple badges off Amazon and no luck.

Last weekend I started pulling on the grille to get it off and didn’t get anywhere after about an hour. Be careful when taking the Z71 badge off. You can use a flat head screwdriver or better off using a clip remover tool. Just use a lot of light pressure. I worked from right to left. I think one of the little pins broke but it goes back on and stays. After I paint it I might but a little glue if required.

(Can prob move this thread to the "Exterior" sub forum...)

View attachment 364445

View attachment 364446
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Also, sorry I’m new to this page and it’s jumbled looking on my phone so I apologize if I posted in the wrong thread! I’ll try to move it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3