Greetings from Michigan - 2014 PPV Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cj6913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s up with those Oakland boys!? They take the engine covers off all of em? Missing mine too

OP
OP
kevlac

kevlac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s up with those Oakland boys!? They take the engine covers off all of em? Missing mine too
…and they remove the rear hatch bow tie emblem in order to put their decals on. I called and asked if they had any laying around and they told me they just throw them out. ‍o_O

cj6913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
…and they remove the rear hatch bow tie emblem in order to put their decals on. I called and asked if they had any laying around and they told me they just throw them out. ‍o_O
What a waste

Eric2013PPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 271119
View attachment 271120View attachment 271121View attachment 271122View attachment 271123
Thanks for the warm welcome. I do not know a ton about its history yet. However, I do know that it was used by the Oakland County, MI Sheriff's Department.

After just over one week of ownership, I can tell you I am loving it. It did great in the big snow we just had.

As I do not know its history, I did bring it to the dealer yesterday for fresh oil and transmission fluid. They are going to complete the two open recalls on it (fan motor and passenger airbag).

Assuming it comes back from the dealership with a clean bill of health, I plan to order the Range Technology AFM Disabler.

Next, I plan to order an Amazon or eBay key fob since it didn't come with one. It has the AP8 and I found (thanks to this forum) how to program the fob. My fingers are crossed, but I am hoping the remote start was previously activated. I doubt it, but yah never know.
My 2014 came last month with 1 single key :( Since I tend to miss place keys I had to get more. Went to an actual locksmith store where cutting the ignition keys were no problem. Really needed FOB’s, as we all know, PPV’s have 1 unlock slot in the drivers door, The locksmith quoted me with 1 FOB and programming….up to $160. Mentioned FCC frequencies and other jargon. I then ordered 2 2014 Tahoe FOB’s on eBay for about $10 bucks And followed the Forum Programming instructions. I heard the two beeps and the door locks clicked with each FOB. They work perfectly!! & it took only 3 minutes. Thanks Tahoe (PPV) Forum!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076