Greeting from Orlando, FL.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to my fellow TYF members. Even though I have owned numerous GM Trucks and cars over the years. This is my second Yukon and the oldest of the group. I got it in my head one day to find and fix up an older 2 door 4x4 Yukon or Tahoe and make my daily driver. Always wanted one. So I found this 97 GMC Yukon on Ebay, and I knew I had to have it. I will post some pics of what it looked like the day I drove it home. Still a work in process, always will be I guess. Can always find some thing to change. So far mainly cosmetics, Cowl Hood, New Flares (painted to match), mirrors and weatherstrips, wipers and windshield, head and taillamps (hid's installed) and wheels and tires. Looking to redo front seats soon, original leather is worn. I installed Headers with MagnaFlow exhuast system (no tailpipe) I think it looks cleaner that way. Ring and pinions changed to 3:73.1. List just gets bigger the more I would like to do.. Thank you for reading and hope to chat with some of you in the future.. David

Attachments

• 20120515_083822.jpg
    20120515_083822.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Very nice truck!!! I live in Orlando too. What part of town do you live? I am in downtown.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in colonial town. Colonial Dr. and Bumby Ave.

Ha ha, thats funny. I live on summerlin just south of Anderson. My buddy lives over in colonial town. We're supposed to play poker at his house this Friday actually. If you want to work on the trucks sometime or grab a beer, hit me up. I've mainly been working on the electronics and wiring lately for my system but I'm going to add esky mirrors and g4s soon. I can help you install a system if that is a mod you want later. BTW, after looking at your truck again, I'm sure there's a lot I can learn from you. I have just basic performance upgrades now but perhaps will do more advanced stuff later. I take my truck to the Goodyear on Bumby near colonial for oil changes.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
OP
97Yukon4x4

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sounds great. I have a 24 X 30 Garage that houses my toys. Air tools & everything so if you ever want to work on your vehicle I have the location. Next thing lam doing is small detail stuff. Plus upgrading brakes. Steam cleaning carpets. Just bought an alteration (140 Amp). hopefully leather soon. Your more than welcome to come and play. P.S. Garage has 2 10 foot roll up doors. Just to Give you an idea of my shop behind my house. Let me know if you want to work on vehicles. We CAn SWAP information. My name is David.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

. I work this Saturday but will be in garage Sunday playing on my toys. Your more then welcome to come over.

Last edited:

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds great. I have a 24 X 30 Garage that houses my toys. Air tools & everything so if you ever want to work on your vehicle I have the location. Next thing lam doing is small detail stuff. Plus upgrading brakes. Steam cleaning carpets. Just bought an alteration (140 Amp). hopefully leather soon. Your more than welcome to come and play. P.S. Garage has 2 10 foot roll up doors. Just to Give you an idea of my shop behind my house. Let me know if you want to work on vehicles. We CAn SWAP information. My name is David.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

here is my cell. I work this Saturday but will be in garage Sunday playing on my toys. Your more then welcome to come over.

Cool. Thx bro. I use to have a 407-579 number. You should edit it and take your number out and pm it instead. There's a lot of lurkers that aren't registered members so its better to be safe. I'll shoot you my contacts too. My name is Drew.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2