Greasing the front wheel hubs.. (With pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else should do this and reply back how well it worked. Still seems fishy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

chevyrider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What kind of grease should be used for this type of application?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will that interfere with the ABS sensor working? sounds like grease will not allow the sensor to "see" the rings?

OP
OP
J

Jdeshler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else should do this and reply back how well it worked. Still seems fishy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Lol, dude this isn't a conspiracy theory.. If you don't believe it don't do it.

OP
OP
J

Jdeshler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will that interfere with the ABS sensor working? sounds like grease will not allow the sensor to "see" the rings?
No, it doesn't effect the sensor because it doesn't sense through sight or infrared.. I can't technically describe how it works but I'm pretty sure it is magnetic

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't effect the sensor because it doesn't sense through sight or infrared.. I can't technically describe how it works but I'm pretty sure it is magnetic

its an electromagnet. The faster the frequency of the magnetic pulses the faster the tire is spinning. Wont be effected by grease. I'd use chassis grease... the same stuff you pack wheel bearings with.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford super duty owners have been doing this for years on their front "unserviceable" hubs using lithium grease. Multiple write-ups on the various sites. The trick is not pumping so much in that it blows past the seal and gets all over the brake rotors.
One advantage of using the ABS port is that while you are pumping in the grease you can check for too much pressure, since there is no zerk fitting.

OP
OP
J

Jdeshler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 7.3 for 6 years.. I had to replace the hubs when I bought it, you are correct.

Mnn_zps22rk3uvk.jpg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
excellent. Ill pick up some lithium grease for this next time I have the wheels off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed