Got my second one, XL style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wwes

Reaction score
Bought a then-new 2016 Yukon Denali, iridium metallic with cocoa/dark atmosphere interior in August 2016.
This picture was taken right after on our inaugural road trip. We ended up driving it all over the US, to our honeymoon. Never had any big issues. just a squeaky front end.
YD_2017.jpg

My wife and I were featured in the GMC magazine a few years ago with this truck.
During the supply chain issues I got a crazy offer for the truck and sold it on a whim. My wife was quite upset, and I found out how difficult it was to replace it with anything comparable. I was dismayed to find 2019/20 models selling for well over $70k (back late 2021). I ended up pulling my old truck out of the garage and driving it for the last 22 months. Missed every day the comfort, stereo, and style of the Yukon.

Had intentions to order a Z71 Suburban but the MSRP keeps escalating and I'm not in the mood to pay $70k+ for a vehicle.

I set up a CarGurus search for white/silver/grey 2020 Yukon Denali XL with Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere (this is quite uncommon), less than 50k miles, no more than $55k. I found this white ftost tintcoat a couple states away, the dealership was great to work with and provided me tons of pics via text. I caught a flight and picked it up today.

YDXL_2020.jpg

My wife has threatened my life if I sell this one without consulting her.

OP
OP
W

Wwes

Reaction score
I'll update this after a couple more days, but heres' some initial comparisons between the '16 and '20

-16 had red dash backlights, much preferred and unique over the blue in the 20
-The 10 speed auto is silky smooth, although I was very pleased with the 8spd after a fluid swap
-The suspension on the 2020 feels a little floaty, need to monitor and get the MRC shocks fixed if needed since there's a warranty
-The navigation on the 2020 is much more responsive. Has some nicer options. Although I prefer the round icons on the 16.

OP
OP
W

Wwes

Reaction score
It's been a week and 1500 miles so here's my latest.

Truck drives great, smooth, powerful. No major issues. But since it's CPO I dropped at the local dealer to have a couple issues looked at:
1. Forward collision alert alwyas shows "Green" when tracking, but never yellow, and I don't get alerts.
2. The "Rear Access Open" message showed a couple times when I opened the glass. Doesn't seem to shut too well so maybe the latch needs replaced.

Dealer hooked to computer and said "Everything is good" so now I'm back to square one. At least I know where I won't darken the door again.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Wot! Denali XL for less than $55!?! Wow, CPO score Batman! Funny you sought out the Cocoa interior. I just went to great pains to find OEM Cocoa carpet for our 09 Esky Platinum. The cream carpet is impossible to keep clean.

You bought and sold well. That’s peace of mind and spending GM’s money on repair cost is magnificent. Congrats!

OP
OP
W

Wwes

Reaction score
Wot! Denali XL for less than $55!?! Wow, CPO score Batman! Funny you sought out the Cocoa interior. I just went to great pains to find OEM Cocoa carpet for our 09 Esky Platinum. The cream carpet is impossible to keep clean.

You bought and sold well. That’s peace of mind and spending GM’s money on repair cost is magnificent. Congrats!
Thanks man, I appreciate your comment. Agreed, it's been a painful process and I still miss my Iridium metallic, but I'm very happy with the XL and the white-frost paint is very much a beautiful color, and mixes well with the cocoa interior, even better than the Iridium.

I paid $52.5k and the dealer threw in a new set of factory tires. I'm very pleased with the deal I received. I used the trailer hitch to pull a trailer last week, it had never been used. This interior is in better shape than my '16, and I kept that darn near mint!
The way I look at it, I spent $8k to move up 4 model years, down 10k miles, and add 20" of interior space.