Going from 2021 Tahoe Z71 to 2023 Yukon Denali worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty well documented here I had some electrical issues with my Z71 recently. I don't think its anything related to the 21s specifically, just to mine. Since then I have lost some confidence in the vehicle but do want to stay with GM as I really do love their vehicles overall and being 6'5" I fit really well in the Tahoe and Yukon SUVs.

I do have some money in my Tahoe - Matte black wrap, new tires (Nito Grapplers) but have started looking around at some other vehicles. I've been offered a pretty significant sum for my Tahoe and could get a barely used 2023 Denali with about 3000 miles on it without really taking any type of hit financially. I'm just curious as to if you guys think it would be worth it for me to do that? I've never owned a Denali (Always wanted one) but wasn't sure if the Premium Yukon was worth it over my 2021. My major concern with my vehicle is the electrical issues. I still don't think its behaving properly and I've gotten lucky on where I was the two times it died on me. If I was in a hospital parking garage like I am in nearly every day I would have some major issues dealing with getting it out of there. My wife wants me to get rid of it due to the stress its caused but I'm just not sure. There have been a couple of times already where I have tried to start it and nothing happens. I wait 5 minutes or so and try again and it starts. This doesn’t happen every time, I’d say once per day, depending in how often I’m in and out of my car. It just worries me that there is something else going in here and I’m thinking I’d rather get the money for it now while I’m being offered such a high amount for it.

For reference, my Z71 has about 46000 miles on it. Outside of the electrical its not had any other issues. It is a unique looking truck being completely blacked out and matte. A major process to get done that I wouldn't have done again but it has made it seemingly more valuable to dealers as they are offering a nice trade in value on it.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd love to hear them good or bad.

Last edited:

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the specified parameters.. It's 2023 for Denali without losing money. I'm definitely for the Yukon Denali. In addition, in terms of cabin, it differs from Tahoe like heaven and earth)))

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your getting good money for yours I would do it, sounds like you might continue to have issues with 2021. Used 2020+ suv and truck values have gone up in recent weeks so its a good time. As long as your not getting screwed on the Denali price….

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your getting good money for yours I would do it, sounds like you might continue to have issues with 2021. Used 2020+ suv and truck values have gone up in recent weeks so its a good time. As long as your not getting screwed on the Denali price….

I don't think I am. Its a 2023 for $83500. That seems like a pretty solid deal considering the prices of some others I've seen online. I'm looking to jump on it as it was a dealer driven vehicle and they haven't listed it locally here yet. A guy in the service department tipped me off to it when I was getting my Tahoe fixed (again). I know the owner pretty well and he said I could run with it at that price if I was good with my trade in offer, which I am.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say no, but I’m a yes. If you can capture aftermarket upgrades in a good trade value and reset your mileage …. And you keep your new Tahoe long time, your logic makes sense to me.

The new buyer on yours will get a CPO warranty. Everybody wins here. Pull the trigger. Is what I think.

quito_yume

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread. I have a 2021 Z71 Tahoe and had the same electrical issues that you described. I took it repeatedly to the dealer and they could never replicate it. At first I thought it was something to do with the start/stop feature but turns out it (according to the dealer) was not the case. They finally fixed it and said they did nothing more than tighten all the wiring connections including the battery connectors. It could have been something else and they are just not telling me but since that time I have added another 10K miles and have not experienced the issue. It was definitely stressful during the time when it was happening as I never knew where it would strike and leave me stranded.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there is the simple fact that if you can upgrade 2 model years and go from 45,000 miles -> 3000 miles, and do that for a small amount of cash, even in the same model that is worth doing...if you can do it for a small amount of cash and upgrade your trim...then...its a definite yes.

Just be sure to review the sticker/build sheet of the new vehicle to make sure it has all the options on it you want...it will definitely be more equipped than a Z71, but Denali doesn't come standard with Max Tow, Air Ride, etc...so just know what you are buying before you do. I belive you will find the Denali more refined than the Z71...but you will also get the updated infotainment (generally speaking, as of yet, I would rather have the old tried and true system...but I think they are close to getting most of the bugs out now).