Going Crazy! Rattle front driver's side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LuvMyYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi! I've had my new 2017 Yukon Denali XL for a week now and am noticing a rattle on the front driver's side that is driving me batty! I feel like it's coming from the dash directly in front of the driver or above the window. It sounds like a constant clicking when driving. It seems to improve if I'm turning the wheel on a slow turn but starts again when the vehicle is going straight again. Opening the windows doesn't change anything and it's not an item in the vehicle vibrating. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Colin S

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. I have random rattles that come and go all over my 2015 tahoe.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! I've had my new 2017 Yukon Denali XL for a week now and am noticing a rattle on the front driver's side that is driving me batty! I feel like it's coming from the dash directly in front of the driver or above the window. It sounds like a constant clicking when driving. It seems to improve if I'm turning the wheel on a slow turn but starts again when the vehicle is going straight again. Opening the windows doesn't change anything and it's not an item in the vehicle vibrating. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Check to make sure nothing in the compartment behind the display is rolling around and that the visor clips are tight. I had to get a visor clip replaced and the rattle it was causing, I was CONVINCED, was coming from inside the dash.

Also have them check the fuse box. Mine was loose and they needed to resecure.

L8Apex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
During my first week with my new SLT I had the same thing and was getting really annoyed, until I realized it was the driver side sun visor not being clipped all the way into its little holder. I had pushed it forward after having it in front of the side window, when I returned it forward I just didn't push it in all the way and it rattled. I drove for an hour feeling all over before I figured it out, ha. Might not be your problem but its worth checking, mine is silent otherwise at 4000 miles now

Edit: I didn't realize this post was five days old, hopefully you've sorted it by now

OP
OP
L

LuvMyYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your replies. After about a week the sound went away! I guess I will never know what it was, but I'm very thankful it's gone hopefully never to return!!!

TravisRyans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon XL and noticed the same thing. I dont think I have the "freeway rattle" everyone complains about but instead there is something coming from behind the drivers side door panel. I can only hear it when the bass is up.

hunter991

Reaction score
wow, how ironic. i have 6500 on my new 2017 tahoe premier and i have the same thing. A clicking noise that sounds like its coming from just above the HUD to the left of it. I can't figure it out.. driving me nuts. Its not my visor. It went away yesterday for a little bit but returned on the last 25 miles of my ride home. Any more ideas?

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your roof rack. I had to take my 2017 in twice for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon XL and noticed the same thing. I dont think I have the "freeway rattle" everyone complains about but instead there is something coming from behind the drivers side door panel. I can only hear it when the bass is up.
Had the same thing with the bass up. I'll find it one of these days.

OP
OP
L

LuvMyYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well mine is back! Driving me crazy!!! Please keep sending ideas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9