GMPP CAI pics, free Z71 OEM intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeahs,its pricey (cheapest found, 327.00), but its nice. The filter minder was a major pain to install. First pic was prior to final check. Second pic, fully installed.
I don't know if there's a difference between the Z71 intake (supposed to be a 'high capacity filter' - whatever that means). But if someone wants it they can have it for shipping. Since my job gets me about a 40% discount on UPS, it won't cost you much.

And if yer going to the BB tune March 6 or 7 I'll even bring it to yah...

Attachments

• GMCAI_1.jpg
    GMCAI_1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 237
  • GMCAI_2.jpg
    GMCAI_2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 239

my09denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed a difference in performance? I'm looking at doing this and am curious if you can tell the difference?

thx.

OP
OP
dheadv8q

dheadv8q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try the Dynolicious Iphone app in the next few days. I was telling my son before I drove it that I thought it would be quieter than most, because it had its own airbox. We used to joke about the Audi V8 quattros sounding like they would suck up small squirrels with the airbox/filter off.
I called him back and told him it was sucking up large raccoons! Its hard to tell a performance difference because I'm marveling at the roar. I nailed it today and shocked the hell out of the wife. She had marveled at the sound a few minutes before - just at part throttle...
Afterward she said she felt like she was married to an 18 year old, then laughed...
On to the Corsa, then the BB tune!

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife said the same thing about the Volant that I put in her truck. Whick looks very similiar by the way.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice and the price is not that bad! I like the enclosed box design and the intake pipe looks a lot larger than stock :). How much bigger is it?

BTW, the Z71 high capacity rating comes from the drop in filter itself. If compared to a regular one, it is thicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10