GM N22-2379480 Update details?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasLC

Reaction score
I just got this OTA update installed today and now I have auto high beams…which on my ‘21 Z-71 for two years I never knew existed.
I guess the update defaulted this option on…

Anyone know what other changes/updates this does? I would love an adaptive cruise update : )

Last edited:

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got this OTA update installed today and now I have auto high beams…which on my ‘21 Z-71 for two years I never knew existed.
I guess the update defaulted this option on…

Anyone know what other changes/updates this does? I would love an adaptive cruise update : )
That's funny cause I didn't think our yukon had auto high beams for quite a while as I couldn't seem to get them to activate. Once I figured it out I found that I actually don't like that feature at all. My wife loves it but I could live without them coming on and going off about a million times whenever I drive at night. Street lamps seem to confuse them, sometimes they stay off when they should be on and often they stay on when I can see cars coming at me at a distance I would not have the brights on

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny cause I didn't think our yukon had auto high beams for quite a while as I couldn't seem to get them to activate. Once I figured it out I found that I actually don't like that feature at all. My wife loves it but I could live without them coming on and going off about a million times whenever I drive at night. Street lamps seem to confuse them, sometimes they stay off when they should be on and often they stay on when I can see cars coming at me at a distance I would not have the brights on
I find them great on road trips, but turn them off when driving around town.

Simple push the lever and pull it back takes care of the On/Off

OP
OP
T

TexasLC

Reaction score
I realized it didn't give that feature, but it defaulted it on for me...makes me think this update did some kind of ECU reset or something...

I was joking about OTA giving me adaptive cruise. But maybe Santa hears my wishes...

Just curious if there's details about what this update did. I can't find it anywhere on GM's website.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realized it didn't give that feature, but it defaulted it on for me...makes me think this update did some kind of ECU reset or something...

I was joking about OTA giving me adaptive cruise. But maybe Santa hears my wishes...

Just curious if there's details about what this update did. I can't find it anywhere on GM's website.
LOL, GM hasn't realized it is now in the IT business, and owes its user's explanation and support for IT related things...

Honestly, I think they didn't train any of their customer service people about the technology in the vehicle or how to use it. Dealers didn't get the training either...kind of sad; they have a whole computer system onboard, but no way to support us users...

Heck, the web site still talks about Alexa in the vehicles, and hardly anything about google assistant.

OP
OP
T

TexasLC

Reaction score
Interesting. I just did the recall notice for this on Monday before the OTA update was installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93