GM just called me. They just gave me $1,000 for my troubles!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got off the phone. They called as a follow-up to my new car owner quality survey. I filled it out and ripped them because my onstar antenna leaked through my sun visor at 175 miles. The dealership had my Tahoe for two weeks because the replacement antenna was hard to get. I stated that I was frustrated with it at the time but other than that it's a great vehicle.

THEN, she said that they were going to mail me a $1,000 coupon for any accessories at any dealership! I almost fell out of my chair. I felt like I was being punked.

Has anyone else received a call like that?

OP
OP
J

Jake01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sweet. i'd try to find someone to sell that to for $500. what accessories is there that you'd want?

I wouldn't mind some body side molding. I'm also a mountan biker so a new Thule bike carrier looks good. Not sure what else.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could probably get some weather tech mats, a nice hat, and a couple polos :)

I'd be all over an enclosed Thule/Yakima ski rack.

Coltsneckbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, GMC gave me several perks. First my Yukon Denali was delivered 9 weeks beyond the original expected date. This was due to inability to get a train to ship it and then some fire hazard they had to correct while it was still at factory. They gave me a free loaner to use for 6 weeks. I also got a free 5 year extended B2B warranty, plus On-Star extended for 2 years.

the_wood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow, despite the trouble, that's not too bad at all. At least they compensated you (as they should have) for such an issue so early on.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone. They called as a follow-up to my new car owner quality survey. I filled it out and ripped them because my onstar antenna leaked through my sun visor at 175 miles. The dealership had my Tahoe for two weeks because the replacement antenna was hard to get. I stated that I was frustrated with it at the time but other than that it's a great vehicle.

THEN, she said that they were going to mail me a $1,000 coupon for any accessories at any dealership! I almost fell out of my chair. I felt like I was being punked.

Has anyone else received a call like that?

They give me 500.00 just because a have to go to Koons GMC to pick up my car in April also the paid the rental from NJ to VA too.
:hmmm2:

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't get diddly from them. My Dealership tried to rip me off for $1,300 in parts. Every single 2015 Tahoe on the lot had a bunch of "Dealer Add-Ons" that the Invoice was charged for, but the actual vehicle itself didn't have.

It took me 2 days to discover the items. Took 2 months to get all my items. Dealership said it was a simple misunderstanding on their part. Yeah right. That's alot of money to accidentally screw up on every single Tahoe on the lot.

congrats on that coupon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet