GM Bulletin on aftermarket air intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the fact that going back to stock eliminated the issue is solid evidence that the non stock part was causing the issue?

True but that dealer was being a jerk and we, as consumers, have (a few) rights.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I agree that based on your experience so far after re-installing the stock intake that it could have been the aftermarket intake causing your issue, I think it could have been positioned a bit differently by the dealer.

"We recommend re-installing your stock intake to see if the problem still exists. If it does, bring it back with the stock intake installed and we'll see if we can trouble shoot it..." Is a bit more customer service based approach.

Throwing a bulletin at you about intakes and then saying "Yes GM does offer aftermarket cold air intakes." Can be contradictory and confusing to customers.

OP
OP
daves09

daves09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Though I agree that based on your experience so far after re-installing the stock intake that it could have been the aftermarket intake causing your issue, I think it could have been positioned a bit differently by the dealer.

"We recommend re-installing your stock intake to see if the problem still exists. If it does, bring it back with the stock intake installed and we'll see if we can trouble shoot it..." Is a bit more customer service based approach.

Throwing a bulletin at you about intakes and then saying "Yes GM does offer aftermarket cold air intakes." Can be contradictory and confusing to customers.
If it acts up they said to bring it back in. Gonna give it a week and see if the issue comes back. The tech said the maps had to much parts per gram at start up.

Anyone else had issues with the air intake. Now the bulletin did say just 2017 on it

OP
OP
daves09

daves09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it acts up they said to bring it back in. Gonna give it a week and see if the issue comes back. The tech said the maps had to much parts per gram at start up.

Anyone else had issues with the air intake. Now the bulletin did say just 2017 on it
Just got off the phone with GM and they confirmed any aftermarket part, even theirs, will void the warranty if anything happens. Just a fyi

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with GM and they confirmed any aftermarket part, even theirs, will void the warranty if anything happens. Just a fyi
well they better start putting big fat giant notices on all there performance websites and in the parts department where they display all the aftermarket goodies, makes no sense
especially when they put "rigorously tested to meet GM standards"

OP
OP
daves09

daves09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well they better start putting big fat giant notices on all there performance websites and in the parts department where they display all the aftermarket goodies, makes no sense
especially when they put "rigorously tested to meet GM standards"
That's exactly what I told them. Why sell it if it voids the warranty

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I told them. Why sell it if it voids the warranty
My service manager said his team would not care and cause issues about CAI since gm sells them. He likes my Volant too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz