German Tahoe 2007 LTZ drive need help and recommend for Rear Shock and front Struts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Reaction score
I wanted to ask you for help and your experiences for the exchange of shocks and struts front and rear on my Tahoe 2007 LTZ. I am from Germany and must order these parts from the USA. The Tahoe was already changed on standard shock absorbers, since the Airride is a big crap and only causes problems.
Now I have seen that the Bilstein 5100 are to be highly recommended. The problem I have is that I also need to exchange the other components such as spring plate etc probably or should. On Rock Auto complete suspension struts with springs etc. are offered to me. Since the installation would be quite easy.

What would you recommend to me to buy. Which brand do you like? I do not want to put my Tahoe higher, because then I will not come to my garage anymore. At least I would have to measure how much space I have left. I found the Ranco Quicklift on Amazon. That would have interested me too. Or also from the company KYB. Therefore, it would be great if you can advise me here which would be the best for me and I have the least amount of it. Thank you all. Greetings Markus from Germany
24-10-_2019_22-37-19.jpg 24-10-_2019_22-38-22.jpg 24-10-_2019_22-40-23.jpg

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite the Amischlitten!

You may have seen my post about 5100s and building them as a preloaded assembly. It was expensive as not all the parts needed are sold individually. The 5100s will not give lift. They can on the front but these are a replacement.

If you are doing it all, not looking to get lift ... Get an OEM preloaded set for front. Rears to match. It is a rather painless job.

The Rancho kit seems nice. Rough Country offers a kit.

I liked Bilstein brand and trust them. I paid for it but the price over time is minimal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011