Gas mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the heck... every since i added my headers, exhuast, and cai my tahoe has got some really ****** gas mileage? I get around 230-250 a tank now when i used to get over 320... What the heck went wrong lol

DallasD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad tune maybe or your o2 sensors might be dirty and need replacing from the o/r y pipe and headers.

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i do keep my foot out of it now. Cuz i thought that was why it was so horrible. But its still pretty ****** to me.

I havent even messed with the tune any. Its still stock just with some rev limiter changes, and my speedo is corrected for my tires. I havent jacked with anything else in the tune.

Oh, and i dont have cats anymore.

i went to dallas and back and was getting 12.9 and 13.1 on the high way. Seems pretty crappy to me. In town is really bad.

DallasD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air to fuel ratio could be all screwed up and the poor mileage could be a result of that. Or the O2 sensors could be bad or if you took them out and didnt turn the off with the tuner that could be your problem.

OP
OP
S

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats kinda what im thinking but didnt want to mess with it due to not havin a guage to see what it is. Also i pulled the rear o2s out and they are turned off...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick