Gas Gauge Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Broken Truck

Broken Truck

Reaction score
Were is this module located? I have the same problem

The module/sending unit he speaks of is located in the fuel tank.

I just replaced my sending unit because the fuel pump went. I had been living without a gas guage for a year.

But my NEW problem might be the gauge itself as the problems I had didn;t seem to be all typical of just the sending unit.

I haven't had time to fix it but when I do I will update.

FYI....a shop wanted over a grand to replace the sending unit. The parts alone (granted I also did the fuel pump) cost me about $400. And as for the project itself, well. It was a b###h!

Big Hoss

Reaction score
My fuel gauge does the same thing I just replaced my fuel pump and it was going from full to empty and when it was near half it jumped up to full again. I have got it down to where I know if I keep it under 60 at all times (not hard to do where I live) that I can get about 440 miles on 1 tank of gas. So I go by my mileage and not the gauge but since about the 4th day after having it replaced it has been pretty accurate.

99Tahoe

Reaction score
Broken Truck- I have this problem in my tahoe and cant seem to get it fixed. I was told it was the sender unit in the fuel pump but dont have the tools or time to do it myself, nor the cash to get fixed. While looking online, i found some forums that told me to use fuel cleaner and when i did, my shaking stopped for a while and then returned. And if it is not that, I saw on a thread here where someone simply replace the fuel gauge with one from a junkyard and it worked accurately again

blreed42778

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar issue. My gauge is accurate however, it vibrates like crazy so it makes it look blurry. It doesnt bounce around and point irradically, it just simply vibrates. Mostly a nuisance.

Man, I've got a lot of crap wrong with this thing... its nothing major, just irritating crap.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same issue with mine my gas guage is all over the place isn't a big deal to me, I just park it on level ground and u put the key in the postion before u start and the guages go on and I go by that and watch how many miles I go and figure out what's in the tank that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet