FYI: General Torque Specs Per Bolt Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I thought this might help someone out in the future if they can’t find torque specs for a nut/bolt...

945C50F5-F49D-4DC3-AF6F-4EFA04D9B8DB.jpeg

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason- you are teachin them the wong way! FSM has a torque for nearly everything, and a better generic chart showing hardness marks too!

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Jason- you are teachin them the wong way! FSM has a torque for nearly everything, and a better generic chart showing hardness marks too!

That just came out of my Haynes repair manual. I’ll have to edit my post. ;)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a quick look at that and downloaded it immediately! I think it’s great it has lubricated torque specs as I’m always wondering about this.
Sounds good. If I remember correctly, I had to pay a couple bucks to get the metric stuff, but it was worth it for me as a quick reference when I was designing equipment.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Sounds good. If I remember correctly, I had to pay a couple bucks to get the metric stuff, but it was worth it for me as a quick reference when I was designing equipment.

Yup...you’re right. I’ll probably just pay the couple bucks as well.