Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Erm, there's only one thing worse than buying the first year into a gen change, and that's buying in the last year before a gen change and that depreciation nightmare.
True, but if you keep the vehicle 8 years or more, it doesn't matter. It depreciates all the way out anyway.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2019 because I want a new truck and the 18s aren't discounted enough to justify buying a model year older. I'm curious how the new body looks and performs and didn't want to wait another 2 plus years to buy. If they are irresistible, I can always trade.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2019 because I want a new truck and the 18s aren't discounted enough to justify buying a model year older. I'm curious how the new body looks and performs and didn't want to wait another 2 plus years to buy. If they are irresistible, I can always trade.

It sounds like the 2020’s will officially be unveiled in a month and arrive in dealerships in the spring.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the 2020’s will officially be unveiled in a month and arrive in dealerships in the spring.

2 plus years because they need a year or so to work the BS out. As many problems as they had with current generation, along with the shenanigans with 2015 and the 2015.5 model year with major change, I'll not be buying the first year (obviously, since I just bought a 19 saturday)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 plus years because they need a year or so to work the BS out. As many problems as they had with current generation, along with the shenanigans with 2015 and the 2015.5 model year with major change, I'll not be buying the first year (obviously, since I just bought a 19 saturday)

I get it. 2+ years gets you into the 3rd+ cycle of the new Tahoe leaving you buying close to the last year in the cycle again. Not a bad thing necessarily as long as you don’t care about driving an older body style.

I cannot get over the back styling of the new Lincoln and am ready to dump my Denali the second a reasonable replacement is available. I may actually be dumb enough to jump on the first model year yukon.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it. 2+ years gets you into the 3rd+ cycle of the new Tahoe leaving you buying close to the last year in the cycle again. Not a bad thing necessarily as long as you don’t care about driving an older body style.

I cannot get over the back styling of the new Lincoln and am ready to dump my Denali the second a reasonable replacement is available. I may actually be dumb enough to jump on the first model year yukon.

I thought long and hard about the Lincoln too. It sounded good on paper but when I pointed one (2018 Model) out to my wife as it drove away in a parking lot, and she said, “I can’t believe how old that looks, when will they update it for people under 80 years old?”. That kind of sealed the deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought long and hard about the Lincoln too. It sounded good on paper but when I pointed one (2018 Model) out to my wife as it drove away in a parking lot, and she said, “I can’t believe how old that looks, when will they update it for people under 80 years old?”. That kind of sealed the deal for me.

Oh I think it looks great (probably because it’s almost identical to the yukon which I love) but the back of the navigator is just terrible. That horizontal bar kills it. The expy is good looking but doesn’t have the awesome interior that the Lincoln has.
20d85242afc7b7659cc6556ccc249ba1.jpg

If I had to get a expy I’d go stealth

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Expy looks a little overweight. Similar to the Sequoia. I don't know what design words I should use to describe how, but the Expy looks to me like an NFL offensive guard, while the Tahoe looks like a linebacker.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I think it looks great (probably because it’s almost identical to the yukon which I love) but the back of the navigator is just terrible. That horizontal bar kills it. The expy is good looking but doesn’t have the awesome interior that the Lincoln has.
20d85242afc7b7659cc6556ccc249ba1.jpg

If I had to get a expy I’d go stealth

I like the Expy Stealth on the exterior, but it only comes in Limited trim, which means no seat massage, no higher end leather trim and interior, and no sound deadening that comes in the Platinum. And yes, the interior of all Expy trims looks plasticy and very utilitarian, pedestrian, truck. Lincoln Interior is nice, but I’m not into the exterior at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98