Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the Chicago auto show yesterday. I
Must say in person the new Tahoe and Yukon’s leave allot to be desired. I was really disappointed. They took a masculine vehicle and made it a glorified minivan. It’s sad. To be honest all of the full size SUV’s are missing the mark. I have been a life long GM guy but that has come to end.
Everything GM had on display was just meh.
Looks like the wife will keep her Yukon until we decide on a new vehicle for her, it won’t be anything GM. Seeing all the vehicles side by side is really eye opening. Brands I never considered made GM’s products look like the Dodge/Chrysler products of the nineties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a Pacifica?

Not too bad actually. Not sure about those quad exausts...
fba6530ad6e86de0ea6458b9b9b3ea82.jpg
After seeing them both, I like the Pacifica more, at least it knows and owns that it’s a minivan

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must say in person the new Tahoe and Yukon’s leave allot to be desired. I was really disappointed. They took a masculine vehicle and made it a glorified minivan. It’s sad. To be honest all of the full size SUV’s are missing the mark. I have been a life long GM guy but that has come to end.
Looks like the wife will keep her Yukon until we decide on a new vehicle for her, it won’t be anything GM. Seeing all the vehicles side by side is really eye opening. Brands I never considered made GM’s products look like the Dodge/Chrysler products of the nineties.

I didn’t need to see it in person to decide to order something other than a GM this time around.

It looks like a giant old traverse or Acadia now.

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That’s disappointing to read. I definitely think between the 3 the GMC Yukon looks the best from the pics I’ve seen. I’ve got 92K on my ‘15 Denali XL and if the 2021 Yukon doesn’t do it for me I have no problem in keeping up on maintenance and riding this out to 250K miles.

bgoz98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks to everyone for all the good info along the way. Is anyone else surprised the dash isn't completely digital on the Denali? Seems like another way to separate it from the other trims. Also, was hoping for an option for massaging seats like in the Buicks and Expedition. Admittedly griping about minor details, but cross-shopping many SUVs in the Denali price range to replace a 2015 SLT and at this price point, settling for missing features is kind of a letdown.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the subject of massaging seats ... I've had several vehicles with this option, and the only time I've ever used it is the first time I drove the car to test it out. It's really more of a gimmick and nice talking point that anything functional. Probably for the best as the last thing you want is to go into deep relaxation whilst driving.

bgoz98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the subject of massaging seats ... I've had several vehicles with this option, and the only time I've ever used it is the first time I drove the car to test it out. It's really more of a gimmick and nice talking point that anything functional. Probably for the best as the last thing you want is to go into deep relaxation whilst driving.

Agree with you on all points. My wife rode in a friends new Aviator and loved the massaging seats (her vehicle, her feature criteria). Most forums I have read have at least one thread on the "air bags" inside the seats having issues. As for falling asleep, I am nearly always the driver on long road trips, so most likely use is her in the passenger seat. I doubt I would ever turn them on either.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My wife’s rover has them and I love them. Don’t use them all the time but if my back is ever screaming at me there’s nothing better than a heated massaging seat.

Guys on the ford forums say the same stuff about HUDs (expy doesn’t have it) but ultimately you can only have so many ‘nice to have’ demerits before people walk.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife’s rover has them and I love them. Don’t use them all the time but if my back is ever screaming at me there’s nothing better than a heated massaging seat.

Guys on the ford forums say the same stuff about HUDs (expy doesn’t have it) but ultimately you can only have so many ‘nice to have’ demerits before people walk.

You're an easier person to please than I. :)

I've had them on Range Rovers and they did nothing for me more than a token ineffective gesture. Same with the ones on MBs and BMWs.

@NathanJax seemed to enjoy them tho ... a little too much for my liking.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hated the idea of the knob shifter on my Ram when I purchased it, it was honestly one of the biggest things that held me back but now it isn't that bad although I still prefer an actual shift knob.

I rented a Pacifica to pick up the Yukon. Twice, I didn't rotate the knob correctly and the car kept going as I went to exit and hit the curb! So much for stop start too or whatever it was called!

Chrysler has been at this a long time!

b835bed7f11b9038389a416fa93ba99b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts