Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're an easier person to please than I. :)

I've had them on Range Rovers and they did nothing for me more than a token ineffective gesture. Same with the ones on MBs and BMWs.

@NathanJax seemed to enjoy them tho ... a little too much for my liking.

Interesting. The ones in my wife’s range rover sport are powerful to the point of being painful if they’re on high. My new navigator will have them but I haven’t taken delivery of it yet and haven’t really tried them out so I’m not sure there.

I’m not suggesting that they take the place of an actual massage or something crazy like that. I’m simply suggesting that it’s all of the ‘nice to haves’ put together into one cohesive package that ultimately make the car more desirable. You can arguably take out a few of those items and still have a nice package but as you mentioned, part of this is just a pissing contest between manufacturers.

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score
On the subject of massaging seats ... I've had several vehicles with this option, and the only time I've ever used it is the first time I drove the car to test it out. It's really more of a gimmick and nice talking point that anything functional. Probably for the best as the last thing you want is to go into deep relaxation whilst driving.

I have the "Multi Contour Seats" (massaging seats) on my F-150 Platinum. They are awesome on long drives. They are designed mostly to get blood moving by gently rolling through a series of air bladders.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Been there. Done that. Wouldn’t go back.

I know this thread is about the new ones, but to me, the interesting thing about all of this is how much it simply comes down to preference. Whether it's Tahoe vs Escalade or 2021 vs 2006, it's fun and interesting to see the different perspectives.

I, for example, think my well kept NBS rigs look (and perform) better than any K2xx I've ever seen. Better shaping, better lines, better stance, WAY better seats...lets not even talk mechanicals. I will also trade any gadget you send my way for a nice plush seat. I have a pocket sized computer in my pocket at all times. I don't need my vehicle to be a larger version. My trucks aren't ancient, or even classics. They have heated leather memory seats, touchscreen DD, folding heated auto dimming mirrors, blah blah blah, and I'll drive them for more than a decade happily, knowing all of their little ins and outs. I also enjoy working on them along the way and keeping them the way I like them.

You, on the other hand, like the newest of the new, "best" of the "best" vehicle every 19 minutes. I'll never understand why, and that's okay. Roll on, bruh. I will ask this, though. Do you work on your cars at all? I can't recall ever seeing you post about anything other than buying new ones.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my ... u want some pepper with all that salt? :console:

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the newest of the new, "best" of the "best" vehicle every 19 minutes. I'll never understand why, and that's okay. Roll on, bruh. I will ask this, though. Do you work on your cars at all? I can't recall ever seeing you post about anything other than buying new ones.

And I don’t recall ever seeing you post in the correct thread section about anything other than why owning a dinosaur is the way to go. I’ll never understand why but...Roll on bruh. Let UBU. Do you ever buy new BRUH?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
And I don’t recall ever seeing you post in the correct thread section about anything other than why owning a dinosaur is the way to go. I’ll never understand why but...Roll on bruh. Let UBU. Do you ever buy new BRUH?

Really? What did I say to make you snippy? We were sharing links to watch the reveal. We've discussed the interior vs other comparable NEW vehicles and our preferences. How is it not fair to compare them to their predecessors? I've never tried to convince anybody to think the way I do about it. I've simply stated why I like what I like compared to what's out there. And no, I don't ever buy new. The depreciation alone makes it a bad financial decision, imo. I am more than capable of keeping a well built truck running for a long time. Which reminds me, you didn't answer my question about wrenching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17