Fun in the snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was a letters out guy too.

these are 33x12.5 16.5 wheel. truck had keys up front and 2 inch blocks out back. had to trim some inner wheel well plastic on the inside and trimmed the lower bumper corner off.

View attachment 210894

Really like the look. Want to get bigger tires. Considering the KO2s after looking at them. I wouldn't mind getting 17 inch wheels but am concerned with fitment. Have researched a couple threads on here as there is a wealth of information already out there from people asking. Honestly just intimidating with the speedo being off and such.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could likely go with 31's and not throw the speed o off to much. or get it tuned with the new wheel size so the speedo works right.

ive got a hptuner so its not so much a issue for me to make it right if i go larger. but ill likely stick with the stock size. ive got no plans to lift this one at all.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could likely go with 31's and not throw the speed o off to much. or get it tuned with the new wheel size so the speedo works right.

ive got a hptuner so its not so much a issue for me to make it right if i go larger. but ill likely stick with the stock size. ive got no plans to lift this one at all.

31s on the stock 16 inch wheels?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
31s on the stock 16 inch wheels?

sure why not? more side wall is better really, the rubber band look is not for me. my 33's were on a 16.5 wheel, iirc were 8 inches wide. you just cant go to wide or the middle bow out and they wear down the middle on ya.

31's are not to much taller then stock really. ran them on my ex's jeep Cherokee

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=245-75r16-31-10r16 stock tire vs a 31. thats for a 10 inch wide tire. its 10 mm's wider than stock.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure why not? more side wall is better really, the rubber band look is not for me. my 33's were on a 16.5 wheel, iirc were 8 inches wide. you just cant go to wide or the middle bow out and they wear down the middle on ya.

31's are not to much taller then stock really. ran them on my ex's jeep Cherokee

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=245-75r16-31-10r16 stock tire vs a 31. thats for a 10 inch wide tire. its 10 mm's wider than stock.

I just looked on tire rack and the KO2 thst fit the 16s are 30.6" so probably close enough.

Thanks

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will use this space to say the forums have been janky recently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another dup

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little info on tires... a good winter/snow tires is a softer rubber compound so it remains pliable in cold weather. That same soft compound wears out much faster, especially on dry pavement. A winter tire driven in the summer won't last long. All-terrain tires are a compromise between life and winter traction. To truly have the best of both worlds you need 2 sets of wheels/tires for the 2 primary seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts