fuel treatment good or bad?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Heres the deal. I had a brake line bust last week so my truck sit for a few days before I could get to it to fix it. After about a week I started it and it has a horrible miss. New plugs and wires. I don't have a clue what would cause this. I put a fuel treatment in it about 2 weeks ago. Could this cause the problem? Like I said it just started out of the blue, so I'm sure its not tune up related. But the n again I'm not a very good mechanic lol.

Would really apprechiate some advice, thanks in advance

1997 Gmc Yukon.

1997Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which treatment did you put in? I just put some Lucas injector cleaner in mine and it seemed to clear up the little miss it had.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Um, put a good tank of gas through it, and do some seafoam, if you're looking for anything to add to your fuel. Then do a tune up. New spark plugs at the least.

OP
OP
1defyag

1defyag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used super tech. It had been in my garage for a while couldnt find an exparation date on it, so I used it. If it was bad would all I need to do is run it out?

I put some premium gas in it earlier, going to get the stuff for a tune up in a bit, its not getting much better. Its really bad, I'm worried about driving it to far. I'll run it around some more and see what happens thanks guys..

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which treatment did you put in? I just put some Lucas injector cleaner in mine and it seemed to clear up the little miss it had.

ya i just used that same Lucas lubricant. i'm hoping it'll eventually clean out some shit in my engine. though it hasn't done anything to take care of my hesitant starting (which i was hoping had to do with my injectors). but then again, i've only gone 100 miles. i still have a lot of the stuff left, so we'll see... i'm still hopeful for eventual results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XL Yukon