Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I love spending "other people's money" when the thought of diagnosing is on the back burner. "Instant Gratification" is the theme of the day, on a daily basis.

That is why auto parts stores love checking codes. "This code you have says you need "at least" this part and we sell them". No code EVER tells you that "THIS PART" is needed.

If there is a code like that, I would like to know because I like to learn.

A tried and true fuel pump quick test is what @Doubeleive said about tapping on the tank and see if pump wakes up. The warning sign is the fuel pump whine and so many times, the forgotten about fuel filter is clogged and over working the pump to push fuel thru it and then damages the pump. That is on the vehicle owner.

I cannot tell you how many times, in my shops, I heard a vehicle owner use the excuse, "Well, no lights came on at the dash"!

In the next breath they have been known to say, "Well you changed the oil last, must be your fault".

OP
OP
Holt50

Holt50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love spending "other people's money" when the thought of diagnosing is on the back burner. "Instant Gratification" is the theme of the day, on a daily basis.

That is why auto parts stores love checking codes. "This code you have says you need "at least" this part and we sell them". No code EVER tells you that "THIS PART" is needed.

If there is a code like that, I would like to know because I like to learn.

A tried and true fuel pump quick test is what @Doubeleive said about tapping on the tank and see if pump wakes up. The warning sign is the fuel pump whine and so many times, the forgotten about fuel filter is clogged and over working the pump to push fuel thru it and then damages the pump. That is on the vehicle owner.

I cannot tell you how many times, in my shops, I heard a vehicle owner use the excuse, "Well, no lights came on at the dash"!

In the next breath they have been known to say, "Well you changed the oil last, must be your fault".
I'm going to go down the list before I change it out. From fuse, relay, pressure and filter but by the sound of the pump im going to replace it's anyway just to be safe and the filter of course. Thank you everyone for your time and comments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman