Fuel pump upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intenseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm doing the fuel pump upgrade. I have purchased a fuel pump. It's for the older style with the metal lines instead of the one that I have which is the plastic body with what appears to be a non replaceable pump. The hoses seem as though the don't come off.20210627_103323.jpg Seems as though the only option is to get a whole new sending unit /pump assembly.

Is this the case or am I not seeing something? What fuel pump would I order and what year?

As always, thanks for your help in advance

Michael

95 GMC Yukon

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like this I believe. Compare hoses / plug/length/details. Different on 2 door/4 door/pickup.

There is also a stand alone usually mounted near fuel filter on frame rail. High pressure/high output can type 2 wire. 65 lbs I think. AC Delco thats really cheap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Intenseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you notice the one you sent me was the 12 psi model? Are you saying I should just use the net plastic style as opposed to getting the older style sending unit?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the one that fits the way your truck is equipped. If you want different from factory that is up to you. BTW, FG0038 link I sent shows its 109 psi.