Fuel Pump Control and Trailer Brake control module combo WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbandit44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im sure no one here came up with this but why would the FPCM and the TBCM be combined. What does stopping a trailer have to do with pumping fuel?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Who says it is?

I replaced the FPCM on mine, had nothing to do with trailer functionality.

I’ll be interested to see if this is actually true in some vehicles or just a misunderstanding.

OP
OP
T

txbandit44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at the wiring diagram it is on series 10 1/2ton 2012 Yukons

Attachments

• FPCM TBCM.PNG
    FPCM TBCM.PNG
    167.5 KB · Views: 12

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I don’t see any connection to the fuel pump in that schematic. Perhaps there’s a typo in the document?

Edit: figured out later it’s likely a multi-purpose module that can be used in more than one function. Just like a relay, only more complex. What do trailer brakes and fuel pumps have in common? PWM.

So it’s not doing both things in combination. It’s programmable at the dealer or shop to be either a brake control driver or a fuel pump driver. Not both at once. That explains why FPCM replacements need a tech 2 or something to set them up.

From that perspective it makes sense to build only one PWM module and use it in two places.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo