Fuel economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize we're all driving a bus here. But surely there are some things to be done that can help a little. Any advice?

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Drive the speed limit
don't use a/c
air the tires up to the max psi
roll up the windows
draft
easy on the accelerator
don't buy ****** gas

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice...
EASY on the right pedal...I tend to keep the RPM's below 2500 as much as possible.
clean air filter
clean fuel filter
good gas
Run some Seafoam at least 1 tank a month
PROPER tire pressure
Coast as much as possible, this will help the bakes too.
OD over 50mph...

I have a Scangauge and constantly monitor the Instant MPG, this has really helped in keeping me in check with mileage. Overall I am Avg 14.5 everywhere. Long trips I can easily get 17-18 which I am very happy with.

Also, knowing when to shift form 3 to OD and back has become a new thing for me. I get better mileage in 3 vs OD, EXCEPT for the 50+ speeds. Once I discovered this, I immediately started to up the MPG.

Good luck
Kevin

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny story, when I bought the burban last year I replaced the intake with a Volant and guess what was shoved in the stock tube????

Hopefully people realize I joke when it comes to mileage.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, getting a Scangauge will really help you adjust your driving habits. In my case and probably most other people, driving habit is the most influential thing to affect mpg. Once I changed my driving habits mpg went up some.

I also do alot more coasting now, I love hearing people behind me honk their horns because I'm going too slow while coasting up to a stop sign or traffic light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigStick