Fuel Control Module question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

I've been have some idle issues on my 2011 tahoe when its in park. The idle is a little rough not bad but noticeable and annoying. I hooked up my Ancel bi-directional code reader and the only faults that come up while the car is running is the "Fuel Control Module" with the following faults:

P02320-00 Fuel pump relay control circuit high volt

P0603-00 Control module long term memory reset

P062F-00 Control module long term memory performance

Any ideas as to where to start on this issue??

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try looking at the harness connection the module is up under the spare and has been known to get corroded.
check to see if there has been any water intrusion. from the code it sounds like the module is having some kind of problem.
if you replace the module it has to be learned to the vin with a tool like a tech2

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try looking at the harness connection the module is up under the spare and has been known to get corroded.
check to see if there has been any water intrusion. from the code it sounds like the module is having some kind of problem.
if you replace the module it has to be learned to the vin with a tool like a tech2
OK I will remove the connector and clean the plug with contact cleaner.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I will remove the connector and clean the plug with contact cleaner.
if you decide to replace the module it does not have to be a new one you can use a used one with the same part number.
just note that in either case new or used it has to be learned to the vin.
dorman I think makes one that does not need to be learned but dorman quality is sometimes "iffy"

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you decide to replace the module it does not have to be a new one you can use a used one with the same part number.
just note that in either case new or used it has to be learned to the vin.
dorman I think makes one that does not need to be learned but dorman quality is sometimes "iffy"
Well whatever issues I'm having with the FPCM it's not bad enough for the vehicle not to run or set a Cel. I will take the connector off and clean and spray silicone on them to make sure I have good contact. I don't think my slight idle issue is caused by the FPCM Ims sure its more related to a dirty Throttle Body

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well whatever issues I'm having with the FPCM it's not bad enough for the vehicle not to run or set a Cel. I will take the connector off and clean and spray silicone on them to make sure I have good contact. I don't think my slight idle issue is caused by the FPCM Ims sure its more related to a dirty Throttle Body
you can always clean the throttle body and maf, new air filter and throw some injector cleaner in it for a few tank fulls of gas that usually helps with the idle.
if the mileage is over 100k then other things need to be done like plugs & wires, 02 sensors
if it is over 160k the maf can become problematic that is when they can start getting weird

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can always clean the throttle body and maf, new air filter and throw some injector cleaner in it for a few tank fulls of gas that usually helps with the idle.
if the mileage is over 100k then other things need to be done like plugs & wires, 02 sensors
if it is over 160k the maf can become problematic that is when they can start getting weird
I was thinking about eventually replacing the O2 sensors for the truck has 112k miles with over 7158 eng. hours so I'm sure they are on the weak side. Plugs were just replaced with OEM's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes