Front tires rubbing Eibach swaybar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed Norcalss 2/4 kit on my 16 Denali, also installed front and rear Eibach swaybar. I have OEM 22" wheels and tires. I notice there is some tire rubbing on full lock. Anyone have this issue ?
If anyone wondering about swaybar links, those are Suspension Dudes for 2500 truck with sleves cut down to OEM length

Resized_20210820_183157.jpegResized_20210820_183226.jpeg

Last edited:

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, the joys of a lowered car. note to self dont turn he wheel to full left/right

P_E_O_P_L_E_S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue but mine looks like it contacts the sway bar a little more. I have original sway bars on 305/35r24 with 3 / 3.5 drop in front.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same situation with my ‘15 Denali XL. Stock rims and tires rub the front swaybar; Both the stock swaybar and the Hotchkis bar. There’s not much you can do about it, since you can’t change the position or shape of the swaybar. Unless a mfg. wants to offer a slightly different shape and I don’t see that happening.

Side Note: If you can change the length of those front end links you may want to to consider making them shorter than stock since you’re lowered. You want to keep the angle of the swaybar parallel to the ground.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made end links sleves same length as oem. I could go shorter and see if that helps

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made end links sleves same length as oem. I could go shorter and see if that helps
I'm sure someone smarter than me on the subject of suspension dynamics can/will chime in and provide a bit better explanation than this but.....

I don't think the shorter endlinks will help with the rubbing issue. I think the point CMoore711 was trying make is more about suspension/swaybar geometry. You want to try and get your swaybar as parallel to the ground as you possibly can. At the angle you're currently set at you're probably losing some of the effectiveness of the swaybar upgrade.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the rubbing, you could always throw on a set of 1/2 inch spacers, but that creates a whole different problem..

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im using 2" drop spindles so not much geometry was changed up front, if i was using drop spring or cups than yes. Im not complaing much, its not ill be doing 70mph on full lock. I just wanted to see if anyone else had same tire rubbing with Eibach swaybar

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my lifted burb rubs the sway bar....

the only geometry not changed is arm angle, but relation of wheel center ( largest portion) has moved up, thus this could have positioned the wheels barrel more in line with conflict...did it rub before the spindle ?

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think so. I have to check old swaybars. I did 2" drop spindle and swaybars in the same day, did test drove before swaybars to see difference but didnt pay attention on rubbing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu