Front suspension rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFL TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I knew I was going to have to rebuild the front suspension on my 2003 Tahoe 2WD. Is there any parts that I am missing so that way I dont stop what Im doing that day and run to the parts store. Your feedback is very appreciated.

QTY
1 FRONT RIGHT LOWER CONTROL ARM BALL JOINT AND BUSHING
1 FRONT LEFT LOWER CONTROL ARM BALL JOINT AND BUSHING
2 FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARMS RH & LH
2 FRONT SWAY BAR LINKS RH & LH
1 FRONT PITMAN ARM (4SPLINES)
1 FRONT IDLER ARM W/O FRAME BRACKET
2 FRONT INNER TIE ROD ENDS RH & LH
2 FRONT OUTER TIE ROD ENDS RH & LH
2 SHOCKS
INNER AND OUTER BEARINGS

OP
OP
S

SFL TAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes thank you for reminding me for the alignment.
Also I am ordering the upper control arm complete assembly for both side that will come with the bushing and ball joints.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I can see the upper arms description but the lower arms did not match, so I asked. Make sure you grease everything thoroughly when put together. Keep it all clean as you reassemble. Make sure you get a printout of the before and after readings of the alignment and post those numbers here so we can see and advise. Some shops are just "set the toe and let it go" and I would like to see what was done as far as adjustments go.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have inner and outer bearings on your list, but I believe you can just buy the entire wheel bearing assembly which comes with a new speed sensor. I think that would be the way I'd go.

You'll also need to rent or borrow a pitman arm puller from your local auto parts store. An impact will come in very handy, as will a big enough wrench or impact socket to go on the nut that holds the pitman arm to the steering box.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a workbench full of these parts waiting to go on mine. Plus bilstein shocks and springs.

And my new stereo and speakers will be here today. Should be a fun weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwbeaner

Reaction score
yeah there are no inner and outer bearings just a wheel hub. 35 or 36mm nut on there i for got which

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCUSA