Front shock bushing help ?? AC Delco, Energy Suspension, WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone replace the lower front shock bushings before?

I can't seem to find a specified poly that will fit. The guy at autozone claims they don't make them and that I only need 1 lower shock bushing for each side - is that true? Looks like mine has two bushings pressed into each side of the control arm. Haven't pressed them out yet to see for myself..

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In this case the shocks are ok. just looking for the correct poly bushings for the upper stem mount and stock LCA shock bushing

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I'd like to find part numbers for energy suspension or any other brand poly bushings to replace the rubbers that go between the front shocks and the frame & LCA. Nothing special.

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictured below is all I can find. I'm over 200k on the stock ones currently in place - however the ones in there now have the flared rubber on each side of the lower control arm and a single metal insert all the way through.. Anyone know whether there should be two per side on these? Guy at autozone says it 'looks' like just 1 per side but will have to order them in.

07031553-1020856.jpg

Also if anyone has the knows a part numbers for the energy bushing for the upper shock/stem seat bushing i'm still looking for those. Maybe the stock old style rubbers are the way to go with shocks?? would have thought poly is the way to go on these.. maybe poly squeaks too much?

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Post a pic of what you have on your vehicle. I'll jump under mine later today and compare - we can figure out parts from there.

As far as rubber vs. polyurethane, I think it has a lot to do with the nature of these vehicles. They're a luxury SUV, the choice for rubber was made at the factory to help with ride quality and noise isolation. The softness of the rubber also allows for the rubber itself to act as a pivot, so you don't need to worry about greasing or lubrication. This same property is why it's important to torque your bushings down at ride height so they're not clocked wrong. Poly bushings are much harder, and rely on a hinge action between your parts themselves, so greasing and lubrication will be part of your maintenance.

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_20181012_144032.jpg

Rubber perimeter on both the front and rear.

IMG_20181012_144140.jpg

Been working on running lines to the fuse box and dinkin around with cv spacers and forgot about the shock bushings. Ordering some new rotors before I put it all back together. Let me know whether yours has two flared rubbers on each side - feel like these ones will press out with a weak c-clamps but just mocked up the shock to see if I could wiggle it and the drivers side in the photo isn't too bad but still too worn to complete a FE job with.

IMG_20181015_122052.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs