Front Overhead Console LED Courtesy light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power_Dr

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the front LED courtesy light that is in that little hole in the overhead console?

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Power_Dr

Reaction score
turn the rocker switch in the ROOF console to OFF

I just went out to look at that, I didn't start the truck but will that turn off that LED that is in the little hole in the overhead console? I turned on the headlights but that little LED in the hole did not turn on. it must come on with the truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went out to look at that, I didn't start the truck but will that turn off that LED that is in the little hole in the overhead console? I turned on the headlights but that little LED in the hole did not turn on. it must come on with the truck.
the rocker switch has 3 positions, off/door/on, off is off period, door is the led will come on when you open the door, on is on all the time until 10 minute rap turns off
works separate from the headlights & cluster/radio dimming.

OP
OP
P

Power_Dr

Reaction score
the rocker switch has 3 positions, off/door/on, off is off period, door is the led will come on when you open the door, on is on all the time until 10 minute rap turns off
works separate from the headlights & cluster/radio dimming.

Thanks, I just picked up a 2019 Yukon last week. My wife and I were in it last night driving home and she noticed that the little LED was pretty bright. She has a Honda Accord and that has a small blue LED in the overhead console and she hates it at night when she is driving. There is no way to turn off the Accord's so I just put a small piece of black electrical tape over it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
H
Thanks, I just picked up a 2019 Yukon last week. My wife and I were in it last night driving home and she noticed that the little LED was pretty bright. She has a Honda Accord and that has a small blue LED in the overhead console and she hates it at night when she is driving. There is no way to turn off the Accord's so I just put a small piece of black electrical tape over it.
No way to turn that off electrical tape that one too. Its a courtesy light so you can see in console etc without disturbing the driver or lightning up the world. It may dim with the roller switch by the headlights But that also dims all your dash, hvac controls.... electrical tape ir some of the wife's nail polish... color of your choice

OP
OP
P

Power_Dr

Reaction score
H

No way to turn that off electrical tape that one too. Its a courtesy light so you can see in console etc without disturbing the driver or lightning up the world. It may dim with the roller switch by the headlights But that also dims all your dash, hvac controls.... electrical tape ir some of the wife's nail polish... color of your choice

Thank you, I didn't mind it, I actually liked the light that it put out on the console. I guess I will just leave a small piece of tape for her to put over it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
H

ok what light are you talking about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700