2015 Tahoe dome lights flash when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

powderbrake

Reaction score
I had some rear end damage and it was all fixed very well. Then about 8 or 9 months later, all the dome lights started to flash when I had the headlights on, I and touched the brake pedal. They flashed for about 5 or 10 milliseconds, then off. Very weird. I was sure the reason was a bad wiring job when the body shop replaced the left rear tail light harness.
I took it back to the body shop, and they spent about a quarter hour with an analyzer on the OBD port, and could not find anything. I left the car a couple days and they had found the info on You Tube. They replaced the light modules per the Service Bulletin. When I picked it up, I said "how much" ( $)? They said "nothing". I said , "but it wasn't your fault". They said, "don't worry about it". In the future, they will have all my body shop business.
It is nice to be treated very well by a vendor, and I will not forget it.

The reason I posted this is that I had dreaded taking it in to somebody for repair, as I expected them to open up the left rear quarter panel to get to the wiring, and that would be really expensive. The repair is actually something the owner can do for themself at home for the price of the modules.

The name of the body shop is Schaefer Autobody, they have multiple locations around the St Louis area. I had mine done at the Fenton, MO location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts