Front HVAC not blowing air in any position. 2005 chevy Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumbum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I hop in my Hoe this chilly morning turn on the heat to full blast and get a face full of nothing. Not warm air or cold air, but the rear heat works so I still got that going for me. What I'm wondering is if in these models it's usually the blower or maybe some other electrical issue? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most common issue is the blower motor resistor, it's under the kick panel on the passenger side below the glove box, lots of video's on youtube.
usually you can see the problem with a visual inspection of the resistor they get hot and melt, you can verify by applying 12v directly to the blower motor while under there.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
sumbum

sumbum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the late response, appreciate your guys input. A day after I posted this the heat worked again, now out again. Got some time off thanks to the ol rona virus, so I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you find out? I replaced my resistor 4 -5 months ago because the blower wouldn’t turn off. Now my blower won’t blow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos