Front hitch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you get a front hitch. Punt on the front of their trucks?

I have the go rhino push bar on my truck and just purchased a 12000 lb winch for the truck. Mostly for pulling stuff out of barns etc but also for those “just in case” moments that have happened in the past.

I’m looking to see if anybody that has a front hitch mount will work and bolt in to the same area as the push bar without interfering with each other.

I’ve seen a few out there, but they also say not with the Z71 package which oddly enough my truck has.

Feedback welcome. Moron statements included!!!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Z71 limitation probably has to do with the metal engine skid plate.

I have been considering mounting a universal winch mount between the uprights of my pushbar to achieve what you’re thinking about.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Z71 limitation probably has to do with the metal engine skid plate.

I have been considering mounting a universal winch mount between the uprights of my pushbar to achieve what you’re thinking about.
The skid plate is the reason why a lot of sites say it’s not compatible with the z71’s. However some of the hitches do not even come near the skid plate. Curt hitches is one of them.

My ? is. The approach angle with the hitch protruding out past the bumper I’m told it limits the approach angles. Anyone here that can say it’s a pita or nahh don’t worry about it.

As far as attaching it to my Go rhino pushbar… it’s not fitting anyplace but up high above the bumper. I would need to get a stronger cross plate. It would need a significant cross bracing to hold it in place and not rip off the pushbar or bend it up. I guess anything is possible.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The skid plate is the reason why a lot of sites say it’s not compatible with the z71’s. However some of the hitches do not even come near the skid plate. Curt hitches is one of them.

My ? is. The approach angle with the hitch protruding out past the bumper I’m told it limits the approach angles. Anyone here that can say it’s a pita or nahh don’t worry about it.

As far as attaching it to my Go rhino pushbar… it’s not fitting anyplace but up high above the bumper. I would need to get a stronger cross plate. It would need a significant cross bracing to hold it in place and not rip off the pushbar or bend it up. I guess anything is possible.
If I go the pushbar route, I’d go low, down near the frame brackets, otherwise you’re spot on with the leverage being out of whack.

the pushbar does limit my approach angle, probably much more than a front hitch would.

01whitewhale

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my z71 with a 2" leveling kit running the Curt front hitch. I wouldn't install a hitch if I wasn't leveled, the angles wouldn't be very usable. I do scrape the Giants logo on the hitch when I'm roaming the mountains of southern Utah but that's only when I stray from the dirt trails and I'm making my own roads. I did have to notch the bumper just a bit for the hitch to fit, but that was it.

Attachments

• IMG_9856.jpg
    IMG_9856.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9855.jpg
    IMG_9855.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 25

SURF FISH MAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

My Pavement Plowing Curt hitch has ripped more than one concrete parking lot stop out by it's rebar!
Don't brake too hard for Speed Bumps either, you might bite your tongue.