Front end suspension/steering replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beware of many negative reports regarding the dorman bearing. Not sure about the shaft itself.

Thanks, I will look into the best options.

I'm in need of the steering shaft as well. What did you go with for caster/camber adjustment bolts/guides?? Did you have to modify/route them at all for the alignment?

Haven't done the install yet, waiting on shipment from Rock Auto. Just swapping out the old for new stock, as rust will make the old ones difficult to use.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the small alignment pins are necessary? i destroyed them cutting the upper arms out.

sunrisor

Reaction score
I plan on replacing the intermediate shaft when I install the new steering box....tired of the 'clunk'...
was puttin off replacing the box, but I got hosed when the shop tried to take the slop out of the steering when they did the alignment. Messed up the shaft seal. Now, I have no choice.
Only place I found ACDelco steering box is Rock Auto. Locally (SE Pa), it's Dorman, Cardone, Lares, Powercraft, Mavel. Last 3 I never heard of.
Cardone has a lifetime warrenty, I may go with that one.

OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on replacing the intermediate shaft when I install the new steering box....tired of the 'clunk'...
was puttin off replacing the box, but I got hosed when the shop tried to take the slop out of the steering when they did the alignment. Messed up the shaft seal. Now, I have no choice.
Only place I found ACDelco steering box is Rock Auto. Locally (SE Pa), it's Dorman, Cardone, Lares, Powercraft, Mavel. Last 3 I never heard of.
Cardone has a lifetime warrenty, I may go with that one.

Lares makes factory steering parts for Ford and GM, I would choose them. Avoid the others!