Front end noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
I have the 3/5 Bell tech lowering kit on my 05 Tahoe with 22" wheels . A complete kit , spindles , sway bars, shocks, etc. when I turn the wheel at low speed I hear a kind of clunk in the front end what do you think this is ? Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Who installed the kit? Have you done any inspections at all? If so, what were they and how did you check for them and what did you find?

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
No I was scheduled to have a shop check it out but everything is closed now . Car drives Awesome and straight just noise at low speed as I'm turning

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
Depends on the clunk. Could be a few things. First thing comes to mind is the intermediate steering shaft. Then there is also possibility something is loose on the front end from lowering or worn out. Control arm bushings, ball joints, inner or outer tie rod ends.

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
I have the new shaft to install along with a steering damper a carpet kit my whole dash an mtx subwoofer and amp some 07 front calipers .......Thats pretty easy one I may tackle it tomorrow

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
Replaced the intermediate shaft today but still hear the sort od creak when turning at Low speed . On to the next thing tomorrow I have the Pitman arm and Idler arm and gear all ac delco professional.

Last edited:

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the intermediate shaft today but still hear the sort od creak when turning at Loe speed . On to the next thing tomorrow I have the Pitman arm and Idler arm and gear all ac delco professional.
I would check the sway bar links also. I had a clunk in mine after I lowered it. I did mcgaughys spindles. New ball lower ball joints New upper control arms. new sway bar bushings. new end links inner an outter tie rods. Idler and pitman. The works an it dont make a peep.

Speedslow

Reaction score
I recently installed a 3/5 djm kit and after driving for a few hundred miles started to get a little clunk noise. Re torqued all suspension bolts and now it’s nice again. But it could be anything best bet is to put it in the air and check ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings etc.

OP
OP
setconstr

setconstr

Reaction score
I just installed new front upper control arms, inner and outer tie rod links, pitman, idler arm and gear ( all ac Delco pro ) so everything is new also added steering stabilizer, its getting aligned right now didn't hear a peep out of it ....rear is next but I thought I would go Spohn but now I'm undecided maybe just Moog upper and lower arms .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick