Front driver side AC blowing hot sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PLEASE DELETE. I just reposted in correct forum...

I have a 2004 Tahoe z71. So recently, started AC, and the front AC is blowing hot hot. I turn off the engine, turn truck back on and it work normally. Works fine for a while, but then happens again from time to time. On recent road trip, when had wife in car, she noticed that her side was blowing cold, while my side was hot. I have heard that their may be issues with actuators (need to take them out and clean them?)

I did not try to diagnose the top vs bottom vents yet. From reading, it seems like front has 4 actuators?

I did a quick search and did not see anyone that had same issue.

Last AC work I did, I replaced the rear computer and the rear has been working perfectly. Here was the thread on rear: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...after-replacing-controller.66001/#post-918815

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is not un-common for the door actuator to go bad. It's fairly easy to replace if that is what it is and not that expensive of a part. I had it happen on my '07 XL Denali and my '09 Suburban.