Front Door Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I missed it.......I spent 45 minutes searching last night, but didn't come up with a difinitive answer.

I need to replace my head unit in my '99 Yukon SLT. I figured along with that, I should replace the front door speakers (wife doesn't need to know that!). I can't find an answer as to what fits WITHOUT modification. I've seen some say 5 1/4 and some say 6 1/2.

Also, what fits the rear doors (6 3/4?). I should be able to fit a 12" sub in those, since the window doesn't use the bottom of the door :)

quietfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 1/2's will fit, but you might need a spacer depending on how deep they are. mine fit fine with out one.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Front will fit with out spacers

The door openings are 6.75" but fit 6.5" just fine as well depending on speaker manufacturer. I use polk 6.5" components in all four side doors.

use crutchfields database for details.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

also speaker grilles will not be needed.

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 6.5in mb quarts the cheap component set, i love it though

but i had to use washers to space it originally then i got some half inch spacers and put it in

but i hate doing speakers on these trucks cause i hate pulling the damn panel off even though ive done it so many times i could do it in my sleep, lol

but 6.5 is the general concensus

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Atleast you have door speakers. I want to put some in my how but is there any problems if I punch a hole in it. What speaker size would work? I would put in some kickers tho but has anyone done it to a 2 door hoe yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879