Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compare the areas that crack on your old dash and you will see where you would need to beef it up. From what I have seen most people have cracks in the same areas. I would probably go 3 layers in those areas.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotcha. Adding strength to the same areas that cracked seems like a wise idea.

You know it's ridiculous that we are talking about adding fiberglass layers to a brand new dashboard because the likely hood it will crack again is pretty high.

GM should be flipping ashamed. Morons.

Garryowen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fellow Tahoe/Yukon owners:
My 2011 Yukon dash cracked in similar fashion as many have described. Literally, out of the blue it is there.
I have an extremely reliable and honest Chevrolet dealer who services my Denali. When asked about this weird dash fracture, they allowed it was a known product problem. No further discussion and I understand this. However, GM and the dealer did allow a $300 credit on an otherwise $600+ replacement charge. In a couple of days, the new dash was perfectly installed and I am down the road again.
Given my Denali was five years old and way out of any warranty, I feel both GM and this very ethical Chevrolet dealer offered a very fair proposal.
Bottom line: Talk to your GM dealer if you utilize one and you may be surprised.

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have talked to two dealers here in Raleigh and both had 0 interest in working with me on replacing the cracked dashboard at a discounted price.

Dealer 1 Estimate: $1050
Dealer 2 Estimate: $950

Garryowen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Scott
Sad to learn this. Raleigh is a long way from Acworth, GA so most likely it isn't worth your time and effort. However, I'll ask my service manager if he would discuss the situation with you.
George

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously GM, just admit your f up and take care of it........longest lasting trucks on the road.......just fess up...

Wheres the GM rep now........huh? You want to give people build sheets but what doing the right thing and fixing peoples f'in dash.......

Im lucky that it hasn't happened to mine yet but you bet your ass I'll be yelling and screaming WHEN it does and i know it will its just a waiting game now.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvain_Yukon