Freshing up front suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 GMC Yukon with 237k miles on it now. As soon as I get my Trailblazer back I am making TONS of changes to my Yukon. My question is it feels loose and wonders on the road and also suffers bump steer. It is lowered with adjusted torsion bars and has some temporary Titan 18" wheels with about a 28.5" tall tire. I would like to end up with a tight feeling direct fullsize SUV to match the motor going in. What all should I look at replacing/improving so the steering matches the wheels brakes and engine. I attached an imagine of what it currently looks like. Thanks

FB_IMG_1565637519043.jpg

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowering by adjusting the torsion bars is the worse possible thing you can do for proper suspension operation. They’re designed to be under a certain amount of tension. Adjust them back and get drop knuckles and that will probably fix most of your problems. Replace control arms with worn bushings or ball joints, make sure the pitman and idler arms don't have play, and adjust the over-center on the gear.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is lowered with spindles in this picture and only slightly adjusted torsion bars. Today we went over all the front suspension and it was fine, the torsion bars were removed for Viking coilovers so tomorrow when we finish ride height, alignment, compression and rebound will be dialed in. Every torsion bar vehicle I've had I have turned the torsion bars down......it's not the end if the world. I just removed them on this one because I have a certain way I want to build this Yukon and it will get done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy