Freshen up leather seats for $20 thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
my friend told me about this too, dam that looks good! I need to do this asap!

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who thinks i whould be riged to paint the center of the seat and tape off the rest for a 2 tone?? im thinking about it

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like this??? lol

i learned the hard way however and had to do mine twice. i got that cheap ass duplicolor vinyl paint from advanced auto and that shit pealed off in a week, and was a pain in the ass to get off the seats to redo them.

definley use the SEM brand product

i used the sem cleaner, sem adhesion promotor, and sem vinyl spray cuz the color i wanted for the leather i would of had to order up different colors and mix it my self and spray it with my spray gun.

however its holding up pretty damn good been over 2 months since i did it and the drivers seat has a little wear but only where the original creases were b4 hand, besides that the color hasnt faded or pealed off

NOTE THIS PICS ARE FROM WHEN I DID IT THE FIRST TIME WITH THE ****** DUPLICOLOR AS U CAN SEE THE SEAT IS KIND OF GLOSSY, THE SEATS LOOK THE SAME NOW BUT ARENT SHINY AND LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINAL LEATHER JUST RED

0505001228.jpg
0502001130.jpg

RSymons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, might have to give it a go, on my suburban!

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering... yeah I know its an older thread but after digging around here and seeing this... has anyone done this that might be able to tell me what the long term turns out to be. In other words... how does it look a couple months down the road? Is there anyone that sprayed the whole seat or just the sides like in that link?

How long did it take to dry before you drove you ride again? Fumes, smell, overspray, anything adverse from doing it? Has it ever worn off on the clothes you wear after driving short or long distances?

My Yukon's seats are tad worn and I would love to apply this treatment to bring em back to life but taking a can of "spray paint" to my leather seats is kind of nerving since I never thought about doing it. The only thing I cannot fix is the slit in the drivers side lower part of the seat closest to the door (behind the power seat controls) where an assh-ole' tow truck driver punctured/rip my seat with about a 1 to 1 n 1/2 inch slit cause he had a screw driver or something in his back pocket I'm sure. Pisses me off considering these seats aren't torn anywhere... just worn for usage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879