Fox coilovers 2.5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrodie21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So is there a break-in period for the coilovers? Just got it back from the shop and I thought it was gonna be a smooth ride but I could feel all kinds of little bumps on the road. Got a 6" BDS lift installed with 35s . Will the smoothness get better after putting some miles on the coilovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.

Trucks with special truck suspension are going to not ride like a Cadillac.

Problem too is, what is a good ride for you is something else to someone else.

Who installed them? That may be best hope, they were installed I correctly.

Chief1057

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So is there a break-in period for the coilovers? Just got it back from the shop and I thought it was gonna be a smooth ride but I could feel all kinds of little bumps on the road. Got a 6" BDS lift installed with 35s . Will the smoothness get better after putting some miles on the coilovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post up some pics. I'm thinking of lifting my tahoe I just inherited. Also, how much did you pay for your life?

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I agree with Wade, adjust them it sounds like the compression maybe too stiff. Read up on suspension tuning and adjust it accordingly.

What is your wheel size, tire size?

I will disagree trucks can not be soft my lifted Tahoe is very soft and comfortable to ride in on the street and in heavy off road use too.

Last edited:

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I noticed a slight change in the stiffness after a few days. The shocks will settle a bit. It's a good time to take the truck back in and get everything retorqued. Coilovers, of the shelf, in general will feel FIRM, but a lot of the feedback is from the tires as well. I can not remember if BDS has a custom valving to their offering, but it's something you can have an experienced shop take care of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645