Former TYF user back after a few years!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys! Glad to be back! Used TYF in high school up until around 2010. Now I'm back and graduating college in May and starting grad school in August! To say its been a busy four years is an understatement!

Anyway, back to the Tahoe! I have an '02 Tahoe 5.3L V8 4x4. I've had her since April of 2008 now and she's the only vehicle I've ever owned. I'll be hitting 185,000 within the week and I couldn't be happier!

I'm in the middle of a huge overhaul right now:

Things done: (Not Many!)
Replaced interior from black and white to black and tan
Bought the whole set of interior plastics from a guy for $150. Tahoe used to be a police pursuit vehicle so it had no center console and parts of the interior missing. Now its back to stock with a black and tan mix of pieces.

Things on the horizon:
Flowmaster super 40 series turndown
Front and rear tube bumpers
Black plasti dip paint job
Cranked torsion bars
2" wheel spacers
HD style towing mirrors

Any advice on any of the above is greatly appreciated!

Well, I'll be pretty active over the summer as I graduate and start knocking out these projects. Thanks in advance for the support guys!

NovelX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep Welcome back, plus congrads on the Higher Ed :signs1: !!! X2 on your Black plasti dip paint job plans.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome back. do you remember what you original screen name was? If you know and want to use it but just don't remember the password let me know and I can get you set up :waytogo:

OP
OP
GulfCoastTahoe
Reaction score
Honestly, 07BURB, I can't remember for the life of me. Anyway, the Tahoe is getting a fresh start so I feel its fitting to start over on here. Thank you, though!

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Thanks NovelX! Its been tough but I managed to graduate on-time in 4 years. Now I've got another year and a half minimum for grad school!

And yeah, I think the black plasti will look sharp with the look I want.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it's there but there's a post count threshold that has to be met before it appears for you. I can't remember what that threshold is but I wanna say like 25 posts or something like that. Might be less. I'll have to do some digging to find out what the exact count is, but I know it's not a lot.

OP
OP
GulfCoastTahoe
Reaction score
Gotcha! No worries! I remember that being an awesome source of info. As opposed to clogging up the boards with a ton of new forum posts. Always seemed like it was way easier to get a reply on there as well.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya. just get active in a couple of threads and it'll pop up for ya in no time :) you get post count added regardless of what section you post it so it should add up quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076