Fog Light Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can access them by removing several wheel well liner screws. You will need to rotate the wheel to the extreme position for more room.
This information is incorrect as there are no adjustments which are accessible from the backside.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This information is incorrect as there are no adjustments which are accessible from the backside.
I didn’t say you could adjust the housing. You can access the bulbs this way. I did it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there some sort of technique I'm missing for adjustment of the fog lights on the 2015-2020 Tahoe and Yukon variants?

There are 3 mounting points where the fog light assembly mounts into its bracket, and only the lower most point which adjusts the beam up and down can be adjusted. This is a plastic wheel with grooves for a Philips screwdriver attached to a metal threaded stud which should adjust the light up and down. Additionally, there is an access hole through the protective plastic fascia beneath where you should be able to insert a screwdriver straight up and mesh with this plastic adjuster. The only problem is that the hole is so large that a standard screwdriver will not stay meshed with the plastic teeth of the adjuster wheel. There is also no way to access this adjuster wheel from the backside with the lights installed, and I can't get my fingers in there to adjust it otherwise as it likely needs a little "freeing up" after sitting in the same position for over 6 years.

I've owned other vehicles with a similar adjuster wheel that meshes with a Philips screwdriver, but typically the access holes are skinny enough that the screwdriver is forced into position and meshes perfectly with the adjuster wheel. Is there a special technique that any of you have found to successfully adjust the fog light assemblies on these Tahoes and Yukons?
that is the adjuster you just have to figure what works, this may include pulling the housing out adjusting and placing it back in, or use a different sized tool that fits, I honestly forget what worked on my 2012 & on my 2018 as I replaced them with diode dynamics ss3's a while ago

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is the adjuster you just have to figure what works, this may include pulling the housing out adjusting and placing it back in, or use a different sized tool that fits, I honestly forget what worked on my 2012 & on my 2018 as I replaced them with diode dynamics ss3's a while ago
Normally the slot for these type of light beam adjusters is small and holds the screwdriver tight up against the teeth of the adjuster wheel. Not so with this GM design, which is odd.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Normally the slot for these type of light beam adjusters is small and holds the screwdriver tight up against the teeth of the adjuster wheel. Not so with this GM design, which is odd.
I would pop one out and see what fits good, they just pull out the front, use a hook tool and pull out carefully at each mounting point, install is reverse they just pop back in.
Either that get behind with flashlight and take a good look

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pop one out and see what fits good, they just pull out the front, use a hook tool and pull out carefully at each mounting point, install is reverse they just pop back in.
Either that get behind with flashlight and take a good look
You can't turn anything from behind the light, I looked. yesterday.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't turn anything from behind the light, I looked. yesterday.
MAYBE TRY THIS THEN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh