Fog Light Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there some sort of technique I'm missing for adjustment of the fog lights on the 2015-2020 Tahoe and Yukon variants?

There are 3 mounting points where the fog light assembly mounts into its bracket, and only the lower most point which adjusts the beam up and down can be adjusted. This is a plastic wheel with grooves for a Philips screwdriver attached to a metal threaded stud which should adjust the light up and down. Additionally, there is an access hole through the protective plastic fascia beneath where you should be able to insert a screwdriver straight up and mesh with this plastic adjuster. The only problem is that the hole is so large that a standard screwdriver will not stay meshed with the plastic teeth of the adjuster wheel. There is also no way to access this adjuster wheel from the backside with the lights installed, and I can't get my fingers in there to adjust it otherwise as it likely needs a little "freeing up" after sitting in the same position for over 6 years.

I've owned other vehicles with a similar adjuster wheel that meshes with a Philips screwdriver, but typically the access holes are skinny enough that the screwdriver is forced into position and meshes perfectly with the adjuster wheel. Is there a special technique that any of you have found to successfully adjust the fog light assemblies on these Tahoes and Yukons?

Attachments

• chevy-silverado-oem-fog-lamp-03_952x700[1].jpg
    chevy-silverado-oem-fog-lamp-03_952x700[1].jpg
    74 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are. Not so much for fog, but they automagically light when the high beams are on by the bcm. Nice upclose spread.
You must have the jumpered mod with the diode to be able to do that, but at the same time.

Then again this topic was about adjustment rather than bulb type.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must have the jumpered mod with the diode to be able to do that, but at the same time.

Then again this topic was about adjustment rather than bulb type.
You will find many posts that sometimes are distantly relevant to the OP. However, if you are using LED in your fogs, the pattern is not going to be the same as stock. Adjustments would be different, which was the topic.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will find many posts that sometimes are distantly relevant to the OP. However, if you are using LED in your fogs, the pattern is not going to be the same as stock. Adjustments would be different, which was the topic.

I just want to know the procedure for adjusting them up/down without hassle. No need for a scientific algorithm for precise measurement.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here ya go … info on page 2.

Funny how the stream of info goes off the rails on this thread too

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here ya go … info on page 2.

Funny how the stream of info goes off the rails on this thread too

I've perused that 2017 thread various times yesterday before I posted - the information is incorrect as there aren't 3 adjustment screws, only 1. And "access behind the fender" is also inaccurate. Or it may potentially be possible that their aftermarket lights are somehow different in regards to adjustability.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've perused that 2017 thread various times yesterday before I posted - the information is incorrect as there aren't 3 adjustment screws, only 1. And "access behind the fender" is also inaccurate. Or it may potentially be possible that their aftermarket lights are somehow different in regards to adjustability.
You can access them by removing several wheel well liner screws. You will need to rotate the wheel to the extreme position for more room.