Focal Polyglass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those do sound awesome, I'm thinking about getting a pair now! How water resistant do you think those polyglass speakers are? Thinking about putting them in some boat tower speaker buckets!
Be sure to give your review cobra when you get them and get to hear them for yourself!!

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Yeah! Can't wait to get them in now.

Attachments

• 04 Tahoe 033.jpg
    04 Tahoe 033.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 04 Tahoe 034.jpg
    04 Tahoe 034.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 20

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those do sound awesome, I'm thinking about getting a pair now! How water resistant do you think those polyglass speakers are? Thinking about putting them in some boat tower speaker buckets!
Be sure to give your review cobra when you get them and get to hear them for yourself!!

Not sure about this because part of what makes the poly glass sound so good is they contain wood pulp .. so you get that nice warm loudspeaker paper driver sound.. paper plus glass equals poly glass.. so in a marine situation the wood pulp aspect might be a fragility in a marine situation.

The Vibe BlackAir would probably be more of the same kinda sound but in a little more resiliant package, there is litterally a youtube video of a dude shooting the BlackAirs with a .223 and it not damaging them.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I found out about them, another member on here mentioned a different model of Focal's and I might try them out!!

Still hoping to hear a review from Cobra on his new speakers, might buy a set for my truck!!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I dig my focals!! Open up the door and it sounds like a concert!! Anyone go for the yellow kevlar ones? I couldn't justify spending that much on a set of speakers when I couldn't tell the difference in sound. they were $1k a set when I did my system. The shops demo booth probably didn't do them justice.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I dig my focals!! Open up the door and it sounds like a concert!! Anyone go for the yellow kevlar ones? I couldn't justify spending that much on a set of speakers when I couldn't tell the difference in sound. they were $1k a set when I did my system. The shops demo booth probably didn't do them justice.

How about the Utopias... $3500 a set (2 6s 2 3s and 2 tweets and a crossover)

lol.. i know an excursion with 4 sets in it.. and 1 of their super high end 15s... sounds like angels singing lol

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey not to change the subject but this is freaking wierd ...MOB i was just watching the video you put up here on the last page about the components on how loud and clean they are and i am watching OVER THE LIMIT -COPS and a segment came on where a guy got pulled over for playing loud music and driving on revoked license and i look at the tv and its YOU getting out in the squad then your wife came asking for the keys off the ring...man that was some wierd shit to happen at the same time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts