Fluctuating Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pressure theory and info.... but this was happening with the old tranny too. Which leads me to believe that maybe a sensor or solenoid from the old was transfered to the new? I'm thinking that I should unplug the tranny harness and see if the problem goes away then check pressures.

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pressure control valve is located inside the pan. It had to be new when the replacement tranny was installed. It wasn't changed over from the last one.

BTW just replaced the VSS. No change in idle. The battle continues.

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got done replacing the upper manifold and Crankshaft Position Sensor. Still the same. Any suggestions?

jrr344

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out what the problem was, I have a similar problem with a ht383 I built.

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. I opened the idle adjustment screw almost all the way and that helped a lot. I was thinking maybe she was starving for air? Strange thing though... I have 3 different IAC's an they all react slower than the next one. The cheapo one made by "Replacement Parts" worked the best.

I can tell I still have a problem because if I rev the motor, it takes a second to kick down. It's not a quick throttle jump like it ought to be. And if i'm reversing out of a parking spot with just a little too much gas, she will stall. Also the high idle sometimes comes back.

I really have given up on the problem and am living with it. What have you tried?

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for me? Egr is new and not sure what a bbp is. Even temp blocked off egr to see what would happen... same result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon